Thursday 20 October 2016




This week I received this lovely email from someone who had bought a couple of tea towels online. He would have loved it. Cockles warmed! 

'In pursuit of the perfect tea pot'


         Dear Claire

Thanks for your email and confirmation of the order – the tea towels are the perfect gift for my Mum’s 75th birthday. She was a student at Art College in Belfast in the late 50s / early 60s and still talks very fondly of your Dad’s teaching.
I’m a ceramics collector and spotted your name when reading a piece about Lara Scobie and the forthcoming Create exhibition. I realised the connection to Belfast when I read the biography on your website.
Mum has often spoken of your Dad as we walked around galleries / artist studios and told me about the inspiration of his classes. I also remember stories of Mum babysitting his children in Holywood and I’m guessing that was possibly you…
I live in London but Mum’s still in Northern Ireland - her maiden name is Shirley Robins. I’m sure she will be absolutely delighted with the tea towels and memories.
Very best wishes    Jonny 

Dad.....David Heminsley looking suave early 60's 

















No comments: